View Single Post
Re: Scripting problem
Old
  (#4)
the bindlestiff

Default Re: Scripting problem - 09-01-2006

Thanks for the tips, guys, but I'm afraid that they didn't work.

Crapshoot, I tried your suggestion about the dynamite actions, but the Close-in Defense actions still do not get reactivated when the docs are returned, leaving my axis bots to go insane without any valid goals.

Denny, I made the Close-in Defense actions "active forever" and changed their Group numbers from "-1" to "1." I also made the Steal action "active forever". But the Close-in actions still do not get reactivated when the docs are returned.

In all cases, the Escape actions in the script activate/deactivate properly with changes in the status of the Steal action. These actions are in the same script, use the same conditionals, and have the same properties as the Close-in Defense actions. But they work and the others do not. Doesn't make sense!

I've dissected the scripts of several other maps where the same possibility of grabbing the documents ahead of the dynamite action exists. The script conditionals therein do not look any different from mine. If ALL the actions in the script didn't work, that would make some kind of sense. But if eleven of them work and three don't???