Re: FritzBot Preview #3 Comment Thread
Old
  (#12)
Maleficus

Default Re: FritzBot Preview #3 Comment Thread - 16-02-2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrestonKh
WTF!! I GOT PWNED BY A BOT!!:'(
LOL! Than my work wasn't a waste! I told you I had some tricks up my sleeve.

I love depot too - it WILL be supported, don't worry!

ANCIENT:
You extract fritz into your "RTCW" directory, not the "MAIN" directory. The easy way to start Fritz is to start up Wolf like normal, and select "FritzBot" from the mod menu.

Denny: Glad you like them! I've been working really hard to get them to intelligently play Obj. Working on the script/path system will be one of my next priorites.

GateKeeper: oh don't worry, they will knife/shoot you eventually. I've seen it quite a few times. Yes, there is a small memory leak somewhere in the code that causes the crash - I almost considered canceling the release date so that I could find it and fix it. Its very minor, and doesn't happen often, but I'm still not happy about it, and will probably end up releasing a patch in the next week or two to address that issue, and a few other small bugs and annoyances.

Panzer: yes, its a bug. The whole time I've worked on the bots, I've always had Friendly Fire on. A week ago, I was playing with it off, and I liked it on BEACH. However, I forgot to let the medic bots know that! What the bot was trying to do was TK REVIVE you, but since FF was off, it didn't understand why you couldn't die, so it just kept on shooting you, trying to TK you. If you put FF back on, you'll see them TK REVIVE like normal, under certain conditions.

What I'll do is let the bots understand that if FF is off, that a TK REVIVE is not possible. That fix will be included in the patch.

Crapshoot: the fix for the bots being kicked will also be in the patch.

Thanks for the comments guys - I'm glad your enjoying Fritz. The bugs and annoyances will be addressed in a patch - give me a week or two.

Cheers!

ps: PrestonKh, I'll be waiting for my check in the mail!

Dum Spiro Spero

Last edited by Maleficus; 16-02-2005 at 06:38..