View Single Post
Re: Another moderator needed for PB 2.6mm forums
Old
  (#5)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default Re: Another moderator needed for PB 2.6mm forums - 03-07-2004

I feel honoured by these Your nominations , T Wrecks and PMB. Because I want to be resposible , I have to say You something. Right now it's a good time for me and really I have a time to look throw all threads at this PB26mm forum and if it's possible - help the people. But this good situation - it's possible - will finish for me at the end of septemeber. Now I can dedicate to this forum much of my time even in my work, because type of the job I'm doing now lets me this. But probably this will change at the end of septemeber (not for sure, but it's a big probability). After I'll probably will be more busy (another job). When I'm at home I can't promise I will have so much free time to dedicate to this forum. You have to know I'm married and I have a child, so I'm simply too old to play CS .
Many times my wife said me I dedicate too much time to play CS and to this BOT. My answer is always the same - all men are interessing by something - for me is this game and this bot. But because I have to be responsible - I don't know if in the longer future I will can dedicate the same time here like right now - I can't promise this. For me is a good situation - if I have currently free time - I can look here and I can help somebody, but to be a Moderator this is probably not sufficient...

There are also some other things:
1. Other Council Members don't know me. They can't trust me and choice me as a new moderator here.
2. Many of people here probably don't like me style and type of leading by me the discussion - I'm aware of this.
3. Look at the parameter posts per day - my , sPlOrYgOn's and T Wrecks' (right now:my 2.32, sPlO 4.52, T Wrecks 3.86) - my is the lowest ...

I can't say I don't want to candidate or I can't be now a new moderator here. But IMHO T Wrecks is the best one candidate:
1. All people and also all Council Members know him a long time.
2. All people like him, because this is really a "peace man" - always nice for all and only if is possible for him - he helps the people - exactly this "feature" a Moderator needs.
3. Looking at this parameter like above - who can be a good contr-candidate?

About sPlOrYgOn - right now he started a new school (not exactly new, but with new teachers and new people) and dedicate time for coding and being a Moderator probably right now can be impossibe for him. But yes - if he can and he wants to be a candidate at the list for voting for a new Moderator - yes - I'm agree.
I suppose my nomination by T Wrecks was because he wanted be (like always) nice and he wanted nominate me because I nominated him.

About moving, delating threads at general PB26mm forum - if this is impossible to disable posting here by new members (something automaticaly), maybe after moving a thread to correct subforum the link to this thread should be deleted from the list of threads at general PB26mm forum and only a PM should be sent to this thread starter ("Your thread is moved here - and a link"). Otherwise the list of threads at general forum will be still incremented, so the new people will still post here, because they will think this is correct place. Another thing - maybe it's a good idea to write as a "sticky" thread something like "Read before posting here" and in this thread we should write where the people should post (what type of problem - which subforum). Maybe this can also prevent us against the situation the people still want post at incorrect place...

Last edited by KWo; 03-07-2004 at 01:20..