View Single Post
Re: Bot running speed
Old
  (#7)
Neoptolemus

Default Re: Bot running speed - 03-08-2015

I did some more testing, I output the bot's max speed and current speed (length of pEdict->v.velocity), and my max speed and current speed every frame.

The really bizarre thing is that our v.maxspeed values are both 250.0, and when running together our v.velocity was 250.0 as well (except for a few frames where I managed to hit 260.0, possibly running at an angle?), yet I still easily overtake the bot while running behind them. What the heck?!

Will tidy up some other stuff I've been working on and then post the code so you can take a look.

EDIT: I think I might have fixed it. I was previously had vsync turned off as it caused judder when in windowed mode, but I just reactivated it and suddenly I can't overtake the bot. I previously seemed to have a hard cap of 100fps with vsync disabled, I wonder if this was causing a discrepancy between gpGlobals->frametime (which the bot was relying on) and my actual framerate? Ah well, I'll still post some code when I've tidied up a few things. Need to re-implement combat properly.