View Single Post
Re: A few more bot bugs
Old
  (#28)
the bindlestiff

Default Re: A few more bot bugs - 06-12-2005

Ill try out the patch tomorrow night. Just finished 4 hours of play on our server. Many times, don't know what triggered it, I became invisible to enemy bots. Then it would go away for a time, then return. Would happen in the middle of a map, sometimes carry over to the next one, sometimes not. Won a few rounds that way. Only way to tell was to run right up to an enemy bot and stare him in the face -- if I got shot, I wasn't invisible!! Interestingly, it never happened to thef0x all night, just poor little me. . .

I have a map rotation config which continually cycles on its own. We played 2 rounds per map, went thru 15 maps before calling it a night. I had to disconnect partway thru because my mouse quit on me (some sort of PS2 problem) -- switched to USB and was back in the game.

I don't have any private client password assignments anymore, but I just noticed a "seta sv_private clients 2" still remaining in my server.cfg (which is only exec'ed once when the server starts up, as far as I know). I'll get rid of that right away.

Re theguns map -- I wasn't expecting you folks to do anything about it -- just wanted to know if anyone had experienced the same thing.

Thanks for helping me with these issues! Hope you're beating the flu, too.

Just grabbed the patch, still named "Fritz_053a", I see (I renamed it "ad" to keep the patches identified in my files). BTW, how are you able to make changes to the qagame dll without changing the byte count?? The number of bytes is usually the way I can tell if something has been changed, apart from the file date. Lotsa fun!!

Last edited by the bindlestiff; 06-12-2005 at 08:50..