View Single Post
Re: Any New News Mal?
Old
  (#5)
Maleficus

Default Re: Any New News Mal? - 24-05-2005

I've never looked at Uscript, but I don't think learning C++ is needed just to understand it. I do know that there is a LOAD of tutorials for Uscript, and that if you can think of it, someone else has probably already written a tutorial for it, or just done it and released the source. They even have sites (something like "Unreal University") that are dedicated to modding Unreal Tournament.

I've been thinking about movers: some of them I don't really think are needed, and I may delete some of them.

An example would be the gate on mp_base - I was playing the other day, and humans always just open the gate first thing, then its pretty much ignored the rest of the game. I'm wondering if it would really have that much of an impact to just remove it (its removed in the CP gametype). Basically, my point is it has no real impact on your average pub server.

For other movers that are important to gameplay, I need to work out some kind of system or goal stack to get the bots to understand them. Thats one thing I haven't gotten to yet, tho it shouldn't affect most of the vanilla maps, it makes some custom maps impossible until I get to it.

Its on the TODO list, but not really high - tools and scripts are first, then a load of other improvements (the combat and movement code needs lot of rework, and a lot of new features are in various states of development).

I've made LOTS of subtle improvements in the way they work the last week or so, but theres a lot more to do.

Dum Spiro Spero