View Single Post
Re: How to compile binaries (dll, so) under windows
Old
  (#12)
Mr_Red

Default Re: How to compile binaries (dll, so) under windows - 13-05-2011

Hi all,

I'm trying to build the source for PodBOT-MM. I'm trying to make some mod-specific changes that will make the bots behave a little better in my Zombie Plague server.

I'm on Windows using Cygwin. I can produce a podbot_mm.dll file. However when I try to load it up in game I get this error message.

Code:
L 05/12/2011 - 23:48:29: [META] WARNING: dll: Failed query plugin '<podbot_mm.dll>'; Couldn't open file 'c:/program files (x86)/steam/steamapps/my_account/counter-strike/cstrike/addons/podbot/podbot_mm.dll': Invalid handle.
L 05/12/2011 - 23:48:29: [META] WARNING: dll: Skipping plugin '<podbot_mm.dll>'; couldn't query
L 05/12/2011 - 23:48:29: [META] WARNING: dll: Failed to reload plugin '<podbot_mm.dll>' after unloading
I noticed there are two ways to build the Windows DLL. The first way (using mingw32-make) fails for me. It says Permission denied on the object.win32 folder. The second way (using MSYS and just typing 'make') is what I used to build it.

Something else which may be of interest. In my server I'm using Metamod-P. Does this have any affect on loading up the DLL? I am using the source of plain Metamod 1.19 in my build-path, not Metamod-P.