View Single Post
Re: Playing with RACC on hldm, year 2012 hehe!
Old
  (#2)
Pierre-Marie Baty
Roi de France

Default Re: Playing with RACC on hldm, year 2012 hehe! - 19-06-2013

Wow. I haven't checked in on this forum in ages. It's extraordinary that people still play Half-Life deathmatch nowadays or wait... I just did exactly that a couple months ago (agains HPB_bots !)

Actually, I've lost all my work on Half-Life bots when my home server fried a few years ago. I had put that work on the shelf with a persisting desire to continue, but the tasks I needed to fullfill to keep the kettle boiling prevented me to complete that one. Unfortunately now, without source code, it's much less motivating.

I could start over from the release I called "template 2" but it happens that I've learned so much in programming since then, that now I find my own work so outdated ! Mostly in terms of programming techniques.

What I'd love is to get a hand on the old stuff I've released and that I lost, i.e. releases of RACC (and its ancestor PMBot !) prior to the "template" ones, with all their sound files, I recall some of them were pretty fun to deathmatch with !

Now I wonder if I could turn this old hobby into a revenue-generating activity. I'm in a new era of my life where it's hard to afford the time to do anything time-consuming just for pleasure.

I guess that's just what Real Life is about

Greetings to all my old friends. Even though I disappeared completely, I didn't forget anyone of you.

RACC home - Bots-United: beer, babies & bots (especially the latter)
"Learn to think by yourself, else others will do it for you."