Re: YaPB2 Updates
Old
  (#99)
jeefo
путинхуйлоебаное

Default Re: YaPB2 Updates - 09-01-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViBE@ View Post
i'm a bit new here so i have some questions now. i have some servers and i decided to change PB on my CSDM server to something new. around 2004-2005 was the last time when i met with all the well known bots so i have no clue what's changed in the last ~11 years. that was pretty far and what i only know well is PB.

the main reason of the change is what you posted above: CPU usage. i dunno how bot modules works but i guess poorly made waypoints with wrong paths and flags really kicks the server's ass. and i guess till Valve updated the engine PB getting more unstable. KWo is a cool guy but he is not too active so i think YaPB2 would be a better choice for me now.

so i have a CSDM on a v6027 Linux server with latest Metamod-P and AMXX 1.8.2. this forum is really crowded and it's hard to find exact answers for my questions so sorry if i'm dumb:

1.) is YaPB2 support CSDM well?
2.) is YaPB2 better than PB (performance, functions)?
3.) does YaPB2 know the same what PB know?
4.) can YaPB2 handle already existing and newly created PB waypoints?
5.) where can i find a detailed tutorial for installation/configuration/usage?
6.) i know how to make waypoints but don't know how to optimise. where can i find any guide?
7.) could you link me the base language file? i would add hungarian language support.
Hello and welcome!

1) Yes, including FFA mode.
2) Well they somewhat equal. Perfomance better than pb. Functions? Well the same, except that YAPB not affected by darkness.
3) Mostly yes.
4) Yes.
5) Old docs is not complete, new is not yet written. Installation: Extract linux package, add linux addons/yapb/bin/yapb.so to plugins.ini.
6) If yb waypoint save works, waypoints are pretty good, for CSDM it doesn't matter at all
7) https://yapb.jeefo.net/drop/releases/ addons/yapb/conf/lang/