View Single Post
Re: Getting bots unstuck
Old
  (#4)
Krillin

Question Re: Getting bots unstuck - 25-07-2008

I coded way points for PODBot back when were testing bot programs. Which is why we believe in the efforts of Realbot cold-heartedly. And AI that LEARNS on its own with help from players.

The problem I see with bots getting stuck is where the "tracks" are plotted. Mainly at their span. I have seen this with way pointing before. What is happening is bots are "bottle necked" or channeled into one path and not really given alternative pathways.

It appears to me, and I would like to see Realbots "way points" or "tracks", that the plotting of these markers are spaced too far away. Making it impossible for a bot to learn to walk an alternate path. (ie walk around a still player). I tried teaching the bots this, but you have to walk so far around them to plot an alternate path. Sometimes it is impossible to take those steps to get around a bot who suddenly was taught to stop and camp at any given spot. And it also appears bot do not learn everything there is. The only learn "successful" paths ways where the objective was completed or successful. Kind of a catch 22 here.

Hope this help, if any.

Krillin

Serving Players Since 1997

www.KRILLINSWORLD.com