View Single Post
HPB_bot for Zion Warcry screwed and screwing
Old
  (#1)
captain_mifune

Warning HPB_bot for Zion Warcry screwed and screwing - 13-06-2007

Hello, I'd finished my MOD ( finally ) and I've started to code a Bot for it, choosing the HPB_Bot_template #3 as the source from which I could start.

After declaring everything for the MOD ( in func_link.cpp, botstart.cpp, exports.cpp, etc. ) and after all was compiled Ok I tried to test the Bot in a LAN game ( is a co-op Mod with 4 teams ,1 class for each team ).

Once I start, many things are wrong:

1st: all weapons are gone for my player except the "weapon_twohand" and the "weapon_crowbar"

2nd: HUD is off and I must turn it on again

3rd: I have disabled the "jointeam" command once spawned, but with the bot.dll
I can use this command again!!

4th: Although "addbot" command works, Bots don't join any team at all, but, I can hear how they were destroyed because they fall to the void.

What can I do?, I have used Bot Number 10 and all of those problems weren't there, except that bots still doesen't join any team.

So my question ( 2nd ) is : How can I make Bots spawn with Bot number 10?. BTW: I have tried ALL possible solutions to this problem posted in www.thewavelenght.net forums'.

Thanks for reading this!!

PS: If the Bot Number 10 could be fixed I'll use it, and the person who helps me will appear in the intro.avi of the MOD

http://mods.moddb.com/6540/zion-warcry/