View Single Post
Getting all the maps for FritzBot
Old
  (#1)
Riotlung

Default Getting all the maps for FritzBot - 16-02-2008

Hey guys, I've just gotten W:ET the moment I heard about this bot. But I'm not too clear on using it so I'll have quite a few questions around here...

Firstly, many many many thanks to Maleficus and others working on the bot. I really enjoy playing with bots (that's why BF2 and Condition Zero stick well with me. My cousin and I enjoy co-op action against bots), which made me disappointed that DoD Source has no bot support. Anyway, great work on this bot! Now for my questions...

1.) The game comes with 6 maps. FritzBot can use more maps. I'd just like to get all the maps I need for the waypoints I already have. Where can I get most maps? Some of the links on the supported maps thread are dead.

2.) Is it possible to add a random bot to a certain team? Or must I add random bots and then remove some from a team in order to create team imbalance (after disabling auto-teambalance)?

3.) How do I install sw_el_kef? It doesn't run when I simply unzip it into \etmain.

4.) How do I install braundorf_b4? Where do the pictures go? Is there a special folder for them?

5.) How do I reduce bot chatter? I don't want to keep hearing things like "Thank you" and "Hold your fire", especially when I'm playing with 15 bots on my team.

6.) One of the campaigns uses Rail Gun. How do I play that campaign on FritzBot when it is not supported?

Many thanks and sorry for the many questions asked...