View Single Post
Re: Day of Defeat Source - Sourcemod plugin BOT!!!
Old
  (#7)
Fremont

Default Re: Day of Defeat Source - Sourcemod plugin BOT!!! - 13-11-2011

A note about starting the server or Steam first.

I wanted to do a little fragging today after yesterday's work, so I booted my PC and started Steam, and then I started the server. (I had said that this was the proper starting sequence only to make joing the game quicker.) After I saw the server start in the command box, I went back to Steam and started the game, clicked on FIND SERVERS, but my server wasn't listed under the LAN tab. Refresh, refresh, refresh, refresh ... nothing. I stopped the game and opened "view\tools" on Steam and started the "Source Multiplayer Dedicated Server," and started a server and then stopped it after it had started. I went back to the gameslist and started DoD:S again, and this time ,my server was listed under the LAN tab and I connected.

Thinking that since I started Steam first from a cold boot, DoD:S could not find my router's IP address, so I shut down to run another cold boot. This time I started the server first and then started Steam. When I started DoD:S this time, my server was listed under the LAN tab. So I have to assume that starting the server first is the correct starting sequence. Of course when I joined, the bots had been killing each other about a half dozen times by then ... LOL, but who cares? They're bots!

I just wanted to post this in case any one else had the same experience.