View Single Post
Parliament on top ?
Old
  (#1)
Pierre-Marie Baty
Roi de France

Default Parliament on top ? - 14-05-2004

I'm wondering.

We've not been trying very hard - okay, but there's not THAT much activity in the Parliament. What I notice is that people prefer posting in the bot forums, and EVEN if they have funny things to say or if they want to go offtopic, these things still happen a lot... in the bot forums.

From the start I'm saying it, I think the fact that the Parliament (this section regrouping the Agora, FPS Gamers and Offtopic forums) is one of the last sections of the forums, meaning that people need to scroll down the page a lot if they want to see what's happening there, is one of the things that leads to this absence of frequentation.

If the Parliament was the first section (with the bot sections just below it), people would see at first sight the new threads and the new activity in there. Even if they came here not specifically with the will to post something in the offtopic section, they can't help SEEING the new posts. Then eventually one topic or the other catches their attention and they post their reaction in reply. That's usually the way it happens.

That's why I propose to move the Parliament at the top of the page. There are pros and cons to this theory, and I'm not 100% sure of thinking right, so whatever: I'll side where the majority is. Provided there are sufficient arguments, of course

Express yourself...

RACC home - Bots-United: beer, babies & bots (especially the latter)
"Learn to think by yourself, else others will do it for you."