View Single Post
Re: Okay it's Done (to Mal & Ghost)
Old
  (#13)
Maleficus

Default Re: Okay it's Done (to Mal & Ghost) - 22-02-2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrapShoot
especially on dual objective maps like Den of Lions and Depot where defense for bots was always very poor with wolfbots. I guess that selecting spawn points also fits into the equation on dual objective maps.

Of course defaults would be the current system of action priorities that you have, but to have an ability to further define the roles of individual bots would be great. But if you're too scared to do that, I understand j/k
Dual OBJ maps is something I've thought about, and will have to come up with a system to handle. However, they will defend better already, because an action can have a higher priority, and can be class specific (say high priority eng camps around the AA gun or Ops in depot). I'm not worried about objectives being exposed - the beach map should already demonstrate their ability to defend and attack at the same time.

The thing I've really noticed and enjoyed with the last release is that the game is NEVER the same twice. Sometimes the bots kick ass, and sometimes they don't, but there is always variety, and a bit of unpredictability with every game. That meshes with my objectives with Fritz for the moment: to simulate a pub server that is filled with intelligent, skilled players who usually work together, but sometimes may go off on their own tangent.

Thats what Fritz is slowly starting to become. Thats where all my work is going towards ATM.

If you always knew that there would be that one bot that always camped the exact same spot for the exact same time, no matter what - it would ruin that illusion.

I like their autonomy, and their ability to surpise even me, even tho I look at them all the time, sometimes more than I want to!

However, I've been approached by several different people in clans who would like to see Fritz be configurable, allowing them to control what the bots attacked/defended and how they did it.

And thats where the script system will come in. I can't promise when or even that I will do that, but I am considering it, and planning my script system to be able to accomodate it in the future sometime.

Dum Spiro Spero