Re: Podbot Beta 3.0 Updates? ^^
Old
  (#551)
waypoint

Default Re: Podbot Beta 3.0 Updates? ^^ - 08-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWo View Post
Update - V3B21h:

+FIXED bug with bots not switching to the "normal" weapon while planting the bomb when they can see the enemy (to do - exclude the situation if the best bot's weapon is a knife - i.e. if the clip of primary or secondary weapon is empty - switching to the knife while planting the bomb helps nothing).
+FIXED bug with bots trying to reach the goal waypoint when that one is already used by other bot/player (so there is no room to go there to end the navigation). Now the bot ends his navigation at the previous WP before the goal.
+FIXED bug with bots looking sometimes in stupid directions (i.e. at the wall instead at any open surface) while camping after planting the bomb or camping at other WP without a camp flag. Now they should choose a better camping direction in such situations.

Please test it and let me know if this version works better then the previous one.
Hi KWo! I tested this version at de_dust2 for hours now. And what I could see sometimes were that they have trouble to plant the bomb, crouched very slow at some directions then went up and tried to plant at boxes at the bombsites of de_dust2. I understand if it's probably because of the waypoints of the map. I have the default wps that included in V3B21.

All other looks fine, I can feel that they are "clever". But still... they are just bots, sometimes they running and spinning around, sometimes still aiming at walls in diffrent situations.
I dont think we will get the bots act like real human players. But now they are really good compared with etc the AIO-package, or the V3B21.

So YES, I feel that this version is better that the last one.

You doing great work for all of us

cheers