View Single Post
Re: So whatever happened to the Nuclearbox?
Old
  (#10)
Count Floyd

Default Re: So whatever happened to the Nuclearbox? - 14-11-2007

Thanks guys & hi to all the others who still remember me.
I've been to troublesome times a lot the past years, the short version here:
Yes, my work on the CZ Bot was given away when Gearbox transfered the Project. Dunno if anything was used, I doubt it however seeing that CZ was released in a very different state to the one @ gbx.
Yes, I've been working on America 2, a western rts game but I ran out of luck again when the publisher decided to close his game development section
In between both of my parents got very sick and I was quickly running out of money almost becoming homeless & living from social security.
The past 4 years (is it really that long before?) I've been recovering and had lots of good times too when I met my current girlfriend and quit all the game biz stuff. Since then I became a (boring?) software engineer programming e-government software in C# & ASP.net which is more fun than you might believe. I've never lost interest in AI and especially Bots so I've always been lurking around, following this forum as well but most of the time I've been too lazy or short on time to register here and add my 5 cents. Every now & then I even extended my FPS AI Engine which I'm still working on after these years, just doing this for the fun of it and of course because I believe that a lot of nowadays bots are still as dumb as 1 century ago
Just ask me what I implemented so far to fill up a huge feature list, hehe...
Well, so much about me...what are you guys up to nowadays ?
What I read is that:
Johannes (still rowing along in Finland?)
Pierre (creating his own company with his bros?)
Stefan (being a software engineer ?)
William (still being Consultant?)

other guys I lost track off...

PS: Just had quite a funny feeling in my stomach posting this, 1st time sinc e 5 or 6 years ? Damn...I'm still bad at social networking!