View Single Post
Re: Fritzbot Phase 2 comments
Old
  (#2)
Maleficus

Default Re: Fritzbot Phase 2 comments - 04-09-2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarD
It's a litte hard to throw nades on RTCW cause you need to change your pitch to change how far they get thrown

Yeah, did they ever release the Q3 Team Arena bot source?

Fritz takes into account your distance to determine how he should pitch to get the best results.

Whats really great is watching him cook the nade and try to have it blow just as it hits you! Hes surprised me with a nade to the face on a few occasions now! Theres still plenty he can't do with a nade yet, and I will get to those in time, but I'm happy where hes at ATM.

Fritz IS a client to the game, in every way. I use the same code to have fritz move around and handle weapons and do everything he does that a normal human client does. I can't stand bots that move or do things a human can't do, so a LOT of work has been dedicated to making sure that whatever he does, whether its smart or not - it looks "human".

Well, the higher level Q3 bot source is available, but none of the pathfinding/goal/weapon/movement code was ever released. Thats locked into the .exe.

Knowing that bots coder (Mr. Elusive), when they release the Q3 source (rumored to be sometime this at the end of this year), I'll bet money the bot code contained in the .exe disappears. 9_9

Dum Spiro Spero