Re: pb menu doesn't work
Old
  (#56)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default Re: pb menu doesn't work - 16-08-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by tankaboss View Post
also here....what you said here dose this mean, on my SERVER side podbot.cfg file i have to creat my own password in line
pb_password "passwordhere"
You need to create nothing in podbot.cfg - You need to edit the line which exists there and it begins from "pb_password"... Just use the search function in Your notepad after opening podbot.cfg and You will find.

Quote:
and then i am suppose to go in game and type
setinfo _pbadminpw "passwordhere"
It should be sufficient, but the recommended way is to put that line into autoexec.cfg file (not auto.exe - why are You mistyping it all the time?), which should be placed in Your main "cstrike" folder (or "czero" - depanding on the mod You are playing) on Your client's PC. As Ancient said You - if You don't have there such file. just create one by notepad - it's just text file...

Quote:
or,
do i have to also put the podbot v3 folder inside MY folder as well.... this i dont understand why should i do this, my server runns it on its own just fine. why would putting podbot folder in my game files really do anything?.
No - on Your client's PC You don't need to have podbot folder inside Your cstirke\addons. You need to have it only on the server PC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWo View Post
Another thing "pb menu" is a client console command, so You don't have to call it as a rcon command (rcon pb menu is not valid). You need to use just:
pb menu
(without underscore line - there is just one space).