View Single Post
Re: A few more bot bugs
Old
  (#7)
the bindlestiff

Default Re: A few more bot bugs - 04-12-2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt.slick
Dude your paying to much attention to the flaws of Fritzy.

This mod is not perfect but at least it provides an exceptional alternative to on-line action.

I personaly couldn't be hapier with fritzbot. After All the mode is still in beta stage, and, true your observations a valid and I'm sure are being taken note by Maleficus but judging by your must recent post, It seems as though Fritzbot is more a problem than a solution for you.
Hey, Slick. The idea is to make Fritzbot better for all the world to use. That means finding discrepencies and fixing them. That's what a "beta" stage is all about.

Yes, I enjoy playing Fritzbot, too. But it can be disappointing to a player when he plays hard and long, only to find out that it is impossible to win the round because of a bot problem, or, like now, when he is just an invisible player, able to wreak havoc at will without being shot at (not too much fun in that).

I expect that Mal, Denny, Blunt, and Crapshoot spend a lot more time coding than playing at this point. Thef0x and I spend several hours a night playing hard on the different maps, sometimes we'll be on the same team, sometimes on opposite ones. Thef0x is an experienced games player, I'm a novice player with lots of experience in things digital from designing microchips to coding in assembly language. We both are sensitive to small problems that occur during the action and want to do our bit to iron those out. We're not complaining or griping!

Denny, my server.cfg is attached. Mebbe you can glance at it and find something awry. Right now my dedicated server is useless to us because of the "invisible" problem. Playing on a "listen" server is fine tho (except for f0x's lag problem).

BTW, Norway is one of our favorite maps. Let us know when your fixes are ready to use. Thanks for your work on this!

Last edited by the bindlestiff; 03-01-2006 at 00:20..