View Single Post
Re: Remove AIM_OFFSET?
Old
  (#17)
MarD
Waypointer/Moderator

Default Re: Remove AIM_OFFSET? - 14-09-2004

Heyyo,

I agree that the botaim code does need changes, cause I hate it how you just come face to face with a bot, n' their aim's perfect at close range cause that aim offset is like, nothing when you're right beside the guys.... lol.

I've never seen the bots have probs shooting me like that (maybe I'm lucky?).. the only prob I've seen is when they try to kill me with a knife, but I back up n' waste em with an mp5 or so... lol.

I also used to use the PODbot Botaim plugins by PMB. But 1 prob with it was that the bots only looked foward when running around, they wouldn't check random directions. PODbot v2.6mm does, but it tends to just look at 1 direction forever and then only change for a split second as they prepare to jump...

Speaking of bots jumping... can you guys add a pathwaypoint command for jump pathwaypoints? cause sometimes I fight forever to get a jumpwaypoint right when I know it's possible, it's just my movement skill sucks sometimes.

Anywho, back ontopic. Yeah, your idea for removing the aim offset? there's already a bot that has something like that, and you can only change their reaction time... this bot is called wbot. Try it, I think the botaim code for it is off an aimbot... it seriously feels like it, lol...

[EDIT]
also note with wbot how they pick up newer n' better pistols, something that I have yet to see with the great PODbot v2.6mm. 9_9

Later-a-much, and LONG LIVE THE D!,
(Link>>>MarD's Moddin' Site<<<Link) MarD

Rock Hound. (<Link)

Last edited by MarD; 14-09-2004 at 20:07..