View Single Post
Carentan map bugs
Old
  (#1)
the bindlestiff

Default Carentan map bugs - 01-12-2005

I've begun to check out the seven new maps released with Fritzbot 0.53, the first being "mp_carentan." I found three versions on the web and selected the one with the latest date: 6 May 2002 (5,016,070 bytes).

There were a lot of problems:

1. The objectives shown on the Limbo menu do not appear to be related to the map (which is a six-flag CP map).

2. Raising all six flags does not end the game, and raising a flag does not show a change in the stack of "progress" icons located in the upper left of the screen.

3. The team player "status list" shown in the upper right corner of the screen does not show the players' location but does show their health. So you can't tell if a player is at a specified objective location or not.

4. All bots, allied and enemy, are stuck in their spawn locations. One of them (allied and axis each) continually shoots at the ceiling. I verified that bot_pause was set to "0."

Have I got the wrong map or what??? I can't believe that this many obvious bugs would not have been discovered earlier.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, the f0x is busily occupied in transforming his beautiful Linux box into a half-breed so we can play together using 0.53.

Cheers!