View Single Post
Re: shrub for fritzy
Old
  (#24)
PrestonKh

Default Re: shrub for fritzy - 01-05-2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maleficus
Well, there are several reasons why I don't think that will be an issue.

1. I'm going to give you and others the tools FIRST, in the next couple weeks. They will be for you guys only for the moment, so that you can path maps, while I continue on the AI code. Hopefully that way when I'm ready to release, all of the stock maps will be done, and those nav files will be bundled with the Fritz release. AFTER the release, then I can release the tools to everyone. So you guys will have a head start.

2. The Wolf community has grown up and matured, and overall, most of the people I've seen are really supportive of mods.

3. Most people like to be recognized for their hard work - its basic human nature. If someone out there REALLY had a hankering to make waypoints, they'd probably come to us anyway, to show off their work or to ask to help out with waypointing - which I encourage.

If it really became a problem, I could just make it where only you guys and people who request to be on the waypointing team have the path tools, but I REALLY doubt it would come to that.

ideas/comments/suggestions?

btw: did you try that link I posted the other day for the tools wave made? Did they seem pretty good?
I think you should let everyone know about your mod. Reasons
1) I have not seen any mod even remotely *comparable* to it.
2) Its a great mod for people that run low internet connections
3) Like you said, feel proud of what you created. Look how many attempted to try and fail.

Radeon 9800 256MB XT
Asus P400
SoundBlaster Audigy Platinum
Pentium 4 3.0GhZ w/ hyperthread technology