View Single Post
Time to make some decisions?
Old
  (#1)
FrostyCoolSlug

Default Time to make some decisions? - 13-04-2004

The 'Engine' Thread has been going on for a long time now, however, very little progress has been made on it, mainly because we dont yet know exactly what is planned for creation (Its like trying to use a computer without a power cable :p)

So i've created this thread to ask.. 'What do we want in a First Person shooter?'

Please limit discussion here to the question, remember not to take into concideration graphics, sounds or any 'spangly' things, just the pure gameplay part of it

I'll give my answer as an example:

--
I like first person shooters to have a 'Go anywhere, Do Anything' attitude, with things like vehicals to make this possible, the game must involk teamplay for people to achieve their goals. The pace of the game should be determined based on how people play it (if a fast paced game is wanted, people can rush and 'get it over with' or can use a more tactical approach). Maybe a weapons system based on points rather than money, everyone starts off with X points (same for all players thruout the game) and they can decide what weaponary they want with that (obviously bigger guns require more points, so they wouldnt be able to get so much of the other important things, such as armour). Player 'waiting' should be limited, so that everyone can respawn (maybe, reinforcement style), i hate waiting around in CS :p

Other ideas welcome

=====
Craig "FrostyCoolSlug" McLure
Network Administrator of the ChatSpike IRC Network