View Single Post
Re: HELP: How to install mm and podbot mm
Old
  (#135)
Musophil

Default Re: HELP: How to install mm and podbot mm - 13-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWo View Post
What is the file plugins.inf for (in addons\metamod folder)? Can You remove it or rename to plugins.old? I don't know what is the "Screen" command. My knowledge about the linux hlds is really limited. Another thing - I cannot see there steam installed on Your server. This is the command line I'm starting the linux hlds on my test virtual machine:
./hlds_run -game cstrike +maxplayers 32 +map de_aztec
Plugins.inf was created when I was tryin to type "vi plugins.ini" too quickly on one occasion and didn't notice until after I'd saved it.
At your request I have now removed it.

The "Screen" command allows me to execute commands on the remote server without needing to keep my Putty SSH window open. It essentially runs the command in a virtual window that the user can't see, allowing me to close my Putty window and shut down my home PC, or alternatively to continue typing commands in my Putty window, without disturbing the CSDS while it is running.

How I'm using it:

Code:
screen -A -m -d -S hlds ./hlds_run -game cstrike -autoupdate +maxplayers 20 +map de_dust2
So, it's running the "./hlds_run -game cstrike -autoupdate +maxplayers 20 +map de_dust2" command within the virtual "screen".

I found it on this page...

http://news.softpedia.com/news/How-t...ux-35607.shtml

Last edited by Musophil; 13-02-2012 at 16:38..