View Single Post
Re: Engineers not cooperating
Old
  (#4)
TomTom
ET Waypointing team member

Default Re: Engineers not cooperating - 18-11-2007

When the bot respawns or completes an objective or otherwise needs to select its next objective, it first tests if the distance to the center of any route start node is less than that route's radius. If it finds it is inside a route it then tests to see if the associated action is the one that it has selected. Now if the radius is 0 and the engineer does not move then that suggests that there may be a problem getting to the dynamite action. I say that because when there is a route it temporarily takes overs the path finding. The bot only has to find a path to the alt-roam not the action itself to start on its chosen route. But once it gets to the alt-roam's closenode if it can't find the closenode of the associated action then it will likely pause until it timesout and decides to do something else.

So I would double check the closenode for the dynamite action. Verify that the closenode is not for a node on the opposite side of the dynamitable barrier/wall (and verify that the closenode is within 500 units distance). Also double check that the normal nodes connect all the way to the dynamite action. Follow the path the engineer should take, check the node flags and connections. And verify that the action is active at the start.

Sorry I can't check your file, maybe one of the RTCW waypointers will oblige.

And BTW verify that the route radius of 700 is not too large. None of that route's alt-roams should touch or be inside its own route start node. The only time an alt-roam should be inside a route start node radius is when you cascade 2 routes and the first route's alt-roam is contained inside the start node of the second route.

Last edited by TomTom; 18-11-2007 at 19:18..