View Single Post
Re: A Server with Bots
Old
  (#3)
Broadus

Default Re: A Server with Bots - 18-08-2005

Just now I went to check out the servers and there was indeed another server with bots on it, then I read your post. Yeah, they're too laggy because they're not dedicated. The two unpopulated dedicated servers on PVK could probably use some bots to liven things up in them.
It's not that I like killing bots more than humans- the feeling isn't as satisfying- it's just that the game generally goes unplayed because nobody wants to join an empty server alone just to wait for other people to join.
Bots never get tired of playing, however, and always keep a server populated. If it was just three or four bots on each team, that would be great. Bots take up memory and it's easier to play with bots when they're using someone else's memory. (Of course you can't use someone else's memory if you can't play online, which is why people use bots in the first place.)
Plus, people would be more encouraged to play when they see a server with twenty people on it instead of one or two.

EDIT:
I just played the second one, all humans (Vikings) versus about twenty computers (Knights) on Helms Deep. It actually ran pretty fast, despite the high ping. No matter how fast it ran, I still sucked, though. I'm no good at being vikings. Still, it's an interesting challenge. How are you supposed to beat Helms Deep, anyway?

Last edited by Broadus; 18-08-2005 at 09:14..