View Single Post
Re: code to get the illumination at any point on the map
Old
  (#22)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default Re: code to get the illumination at any point on the map - 19-03-2012

Adding "inline" helped for cygwin (so the binary has been finally created and I'll be able to test Your function on a linux server - to see if it works - GETENTITYILLUM wasn't working on linux, so my bots wouldn use i.e. flashlights). But that one seems to be still unsolved:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KWo View Post
When I'm compiling it under mingw it also says about some problems:
obj.win32/bot.o:bot.cpp (.text+0x1a822): undefined reference to `bool const Light::RecursiveLightPoint<mnode_s, msurface_s>(mnode_s const*, Vector const&, Vector const&)'
obj.win32/bot.o:bot.cpp (.text+0x1b08b): undefined reference to `bool const Light::RecursiveLightPoint<GL_mnode_t, GL_msurface_t>(GL_mnode_t const*, Vector const&, Vector const&)'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [obj.win32/podbot_mm.dll] Error 1

What does it mean that kind of messages like (.text+0x1a822)?
I don't understand that at all - cygwin and mingw are compiling binaries the same gcc way (I mean with the same rules and the same makefile), so why exactly cygwin cannot see any problem, but mingw still says something stupid?

About linux - from that what I know - there is no client and no listenserver available for CS for linux. VALVE has released only a dedicated server version of CS. So IS_DEDICATED_SERVER () SHOULD return always true (expect the situation VALVE has there a bug in the code).
About that GL thing - what if the user selects D3D instead OpenGL (in Video preferences) on a listenserver? Does that mean Your code wouldn't work then?