Thread: Waypointing
View Single Post
Re: Waypointing
Old
  (#16)
Ghoul

Default Re: Waypointing - 09-12-2004

Thanks for your testing, things like that help narrow the problem down. I'm hoping that with some testing this weekend I'll be able to figure out what is causing the issue. I plan on running many games with certain features disabled, this will hopefully track down the issue to a certain function or set of code, which I can then analyze for problems.

The fact that it could be waypoint related does make me think. Waypoints do a LOT of looping (looping through waypoints, looping through entities near waypoints, etc.). I had to write some custom waypoint finding code for S&I due to the way gathering weapons is handled (weapon_generic and weapon_experimental can be any weapon or weapons).

As for the waypoint flags, most of them are pretty simple and are the same flags that HPB bot uses, although they don't really serve any practical purpose. You'll notice that si_overtime doesn't use any flags except team flags and item/health/armor flags. Even so, I'll expand the documentation when I find time.

Thanks for your input!

Last edited by Ghoul; 10-12-2004 at 04:04..