(#11)
stefanhendriks
RealBot Author

Default Re: hehehehe - 03-12-2004

ah, i got it compiling now btw with interface.cpp, i forgot a path in msvc

Code:
void BotSense (player_t *pPlayer)
{
   // this is the first step of the bot Think() trilogy. In nature, every behaviour that can be
   // associated to intelligence is resulting of three invariable steps :
   // 1 - sensing the environment and the character's state
   // 2 - working out the changes to commit onto the environment and the character's state
   // 3 - performing these changes, and experiencing this action, looping back to step 1.
   // Here we deal with the first step, sensing, which is a correlation of three "input vectors"
   // (actually there are more of them but these three together are sufficient to be said
   // symptomatic of the human behaviour), respectively in order of importance the sight, the
   // hearing, and the touch feeling. Since FPS players experience this last one mainly by proxy,
   // the game simulating it by visual and auditive means, the touch feeling of the bot will be
   // a little more efficient than those of the players, giving them a slight advantage in this
   // particular domain. But since we're very far from emulating the two other vectors (vision
   // and hearing) as accurately as their human equivalents, it's just fair that way :)
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
////  CUT AND PASTE THIS CODE WHERE YOU WANT THE BOT TO BREAK INTO THE DEBUGGER ON COMMAND  ////
////																						////
if (DebugLevel.is_broke) _asm int 3; // x86 code only									   ////
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
   BotSee (pPlayer); // make bot see
   BotHear (pPlayer); // make bot hear
   BotTouch (pPlayer); // make bot touch
   return;
}
i especially like the comments at the top. Exactly the same as my principle on RealBot Yay!

Author of RealBot, "Arrakis" and "Dune 2 - The Maker" | co-Founder of Bots-United | Fundynamic | Blog | E-Mail me

Last edited by stefanhendriks; 03-12-2004 at 17:11..