View Single Post
Re: Im An Idiot Help Me
Old
  (#8)
>BKA< T Wrecks
Moderator [PBmm/Waypointing]& PODBot mm waypointer

Default Re: Im An Idiot Help Me - 05-03-2004

Hehe, "non-stupid plugins"... good one! You're right, though, there are some really stupid plugins around...
Glad we were able to help you out a bit. So far I can only think of one more thing to say: IMHO, The "rats"-maps belong to those that are not ideal to play with bots. This is due to several reasons:
1) In most rats-maps you have a large, open room in the centre of the map. However, bots don't adapt their weapon choice to this fact and thus don't stand a chance when they're running around with shotguns trying to fight a human with a decent rifle right across the room.
2) Some rats-maps have elevators, and I think I remember one that even had a sponge lying on the floor that worked as a sort of "jump booster" - those are things you just don't get bots to use really well.
3) There are many long ladders (e.g. cables around the frame of a door etc.), and you can imagine what happens when two bots meet on the ladder - one on his way up from below, the other one down from above? Yup, flying lessons.
Well, just look if you can get decent WPs, and if you have the impression that you didn't find good WPs for a certain map, just post it here, and in the worst of all cases you'll have to wait some days for me to d/l the map and make some waypoints for it...