Thread: My vision
View Single Post
Re: My vision
Old
  (#2)
Moddy

Default Re: My vision - 19-03-2006

I've just been writing up a few documents on coding "guidelines" for anyone who wants to help - there more tips. They don't have to be followed but it would be nice if they where becuase it would mean we could have a standard of code.

The advantages of using Irrlicht IMO are the fact it will allow us to use pre-defined Map types, therefore saving ALOT of time. We might just be able to get a Quake 3 Map editor (Gradient) to make alot of the maps.

I have read alot about what YOU want in a game. I liked alot of your ideas that have been suggested through-out this forum and would love to use some of them.

I want to create a "campaign" of Iraq. Insurgents are shown accurately as some of you have expressed a want for. It all starts in Kuwait when you are training - i.e using the ranges, doing assualt courses... Then it happens and you hear air-strikes and get involved in several firefights until War is ended.

Then you are left doing the job of a soldier AND a police officer - you are constantly at risk! When you most think you're going to come under attack... nothing happens. When you think your safe BANG! Something happens!

I hope to implement IED's and other less looked upon tactics that are in use.

If you shoot a civilian (Yes there will be lots of civilians) then they revolt! They fight and *if* you make it through the firefight, its game over anyway - You dont shoot civilians.

Sometimes there will be dawn raids, Sometimes there will be attacks if you choose training! (Afterall, you're in camp - a target), Sometimes there will be a team that are completely outnumbered but STILL fight on - Like happens now. Its totally un-predictable!

I have one person offering todo Logo's and other Graphics related tasks.