Thread: My vision
View Single Post
My vision
Old
  (#1)
Moddy

Default My vision - 19-03-2006

I want to make a game. Not just any other CSS wannabe game though. I want to make a game that is inspirational, addictive and also challenging. I want top of the range graphics, gameplay and last but not least, FUN. I don't want to be plagued by cheaters, I also don't want to have too waste my lovely bandwith everytime I want to play.

I'm not the only one that wants this! I know loads of people that would play a game like this. So as of now, I am proposing a project that anyone who wants to can join. You dont need years of programming experiance! Aslong as you have atleast 1 skill which could be usefull then please help.

I'd be starting from scratch just using irrlicht (For graphics) and probably implement ODE for the physics. This means the game will be in C++, It will be licensed under the GNU General Public License. Afterall, If someone wants to improve our game why should we stop them? Closed source HINDERS development.

I need people with the following skills
  • C++ (Preferable Irrlicht and ODE experiance)
  • Graphics (Wether it be logos, banners, or ingame graphics - I need you)
  • Web-Design (We need a good website, with good features)
  • Map-Design (We want Maps that people will play! Not any old crap!)
  • Game-Design (Obvious!)
  • Sound stuff (We need a hell of a lot of sounds for the guns!)
  • Gamers (Made by Gamers, For Gamers!)
If you want to be part then post here. Re-post this on ANY forums you like just link back. Once we have enough people participating then we can start work.

First of all I think we should create a simple menu and have it so that this "game" can display a map, a crosshair, a gun and can "shoot" (sounds, and damage).

Then we move onto Implementing more maps, Then more advanced physics, More guns, More features.

I want YOU to give me the features you want. I'm loving the look (http://www.insurgencymod.net/index.php ) Insurgency Mod for HL2. It has a good forum where people ask for stuff, it has a good list of features and is my aim.

I want as much help as possible.

Thanks,
-Moddy