Re: Unable to load R2b46d on Linux
Old
  (#10)
Lazarus Long

Default Re: Unable to load R2b46d on Linux - 24-09-2005

tropicalxplorer:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropicalxplorer
I don't know where to find the startup log you are referring to...other than the logs directory under cstrike...but I don't think that's what you're looking for???
Yep, that's it.

Quote:
L 09/23/2005 - 14:11:19: [META] ERROR: dll: Failed query plugin '<podbot_mm_i386.so>'; Couldn't open file '/hlds_l/cstrike/addons/podbot/podbot_mm_i386.so': libstdc++.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Here it is, you are missing libstdc++.so.5. I'm not that familiar with Red Hat packaging but I think that the RPM package is called compat-libstdc++, so get the one for your distribution (see if you can find one with version 2.9x for best compatibility) and try it out.

If it still persists, post back. It's weird though, since PODBot mm should have the stdc++ library linked statically and this shouldn't be occurring, unless an old Makefile is still being used to create binaries.

Quote:
uname -aLinux localhost.localdomain 2.6.9-5.EL #1 Wed Jan 5 19:22:18 EST 2005 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux
No memory page faults? If so see if there is a newer kernel package, like 2.6.10 or 2.6.12 (not 2.6.11), unless the 2.6.9 version that Red Hat distributes was patched already.

Regards,