View Single Post
Re: Fritz v.50 BETA Preview Thread
Old
  (#5)
Maleficus

Default Re: Fritz v.50 BETA Preview Thread - 18-04-2005

Work continues......

The scripting system is now pretty much planned out completely, and is getting implemented ATM.

Currently, Fritz will load a script based on the map name, but you do have the option of telling Fritz what kind of script you want to use thru Cvars. This is useful and fun if you want to try out different scenarios: perhaps when the walls blow on BEACH, you want everyone on allies to become venom and all axis to become flamers, while that wouldn't make much sense - you'll have the freedom to do that using custom scripts and cvars!

The script system is designed to be EXTREMELY flexible, so I'll have no problem adding new features in the future, based on what you guys want to see.

And its very fast codewise - its a LOT faster than anything that Wolf currently uses for scripts (and I hope, a LOT more readable than that "accum" crap!). And the memory overhead is low.

As soon as its done, I'm going to hit the path editor, than I'm going to start farming it out to you waypointers so that you can start working on getting maps supported, while I continue to work on the AI.

My hope is, that by the time I'm ready to release the next version, ALL of the default maps are supported at the very least. If possible more (the more the merrier! ), but I really want the default ones supported first.

Dum Spiro Spero