Thread: idea's bug's
View Single Post
Re: idea's bug's
Old
  (#29)
>BKA< T Wrecks
Moderator [PBmm/Waypointing]& PODBot mm waypointer

Default Re: idea's bug's - 20-06-2004

- That "beam firing out of the gun" idea: I agree with sPlOrYgOn - we already have a crosshair to show where we're aiming at, and besides sometimes you have to aim pretty far away from a WP to "activate" it. The fact that WPs get bigger is an enormous help in this respect, as you can now wave your crosshair over the area around a WP, and as soon as you see it's getting bigger, you can find the "hot spot" easily. It's a great change and absolutely sufficient IMHO.

- Whatever you wanted to express with the 2nd paragraph, biohazerd: If you really wanted to enable waypointers to make jump connecctions by pointing & hitting a key, I'll be on sPlO's side, too. Even some jumps you can make as a player using the current method will be impossible for bots. But then again, I'm not sure if that's what you wanted to say...

- The new DLL (not the waypoint one, but the one with changed ladder & button code): ! I just d/l'ed it and will conduct some tests today. Thanks sPlO!

EDIT

tested the dll. Too bad, no change for the better. On cs_ark, bots still tried to push the button on the other side of the wall. And if they ran into the blocked door and then tried to reach the button on their side of the wall, they ran directly towards it and got stuck in the door frame forever.
On cs_bbicotka, bots still kept pushing imaginary buttons although all doors are untriggered.
And on cs_sperrgebiet, there's a padlocked door that swings open as soon as the padlock is shot to pieces. It can't be closed any more once it's open. Still, a CT bot stood right on the threshold of the already opened door and tried to push a button. He didn't move from the spot and caused another bot which ran into him to get stuck as well. The only remedy was "new round".
Ok, shit happens. You can't be lucky all the time, I reckon. Whatever you tried, this wasn't it. But thank you for caring about this problem. If you want screenies and/or more precise descriptions, just say so and I'll see what I can do.

Roses are #FF0000, violets are #0000FF // all my base, are belong to you.

Last edited by >BKA< T Wrecks; 20-06-2004 at 15:49..