View Single Post
breakout_et_b2 navigation
Old
  (#1)
enigma1

Default breakout_et_b2 navigation - 11-04-2008

Hello,

I did the waypoints for the breakout_et_b2 map. The url for the archive is here:
http://www.asymmetrics.com/tmp/fritzbot_et_breakout.zip

I run into couple of problems.

1. I had to permanently open the tunnel gate that is controlled by 2 switches and I think the original intention was to add some latency to the objectives so the allies engies had more time to get back and disarm the dynamite. I checked the transmitter script where the antenna rotation could be used in this case but I think it could be overcomplicated for the tunnel door as it is not part of a main objective.

2. There is an opening towards the tunnel where typically the axis team can get via a grate in. Now no matter how I moved the nodes around I could not make the bots reliably get through, so I had to remove the node connections.

3. I changed the main script for the autospawns so the bots will spawn to the right place. Not sure if it's the right way, I had to alert the spawn entities in each case. In some of the testing I did I noticed I could not switch spawns though that is when a team owns the CP.

Have a look let me know what you think. I did some testing so far.

To Tom: Sorry but I have quite some work the last few months so very little time to do the waypoints for other maps.

CK-Chaos