View Single Post
Windows Vistas Worth
Old
  (#1)
Ancient
PodBot MM's Laziest Waypointer

Default Windows Vistas Worth - 19-09-2008

I use Windows Vista: Home Premium.

For the most part, Windows vista is more than proficient with apps like Finale 2008, IE, FireFox, MS Office, Dreamweaver, Zend and such.

However, what about the games?
Did Microsoft ignore the games?
It seems that only some games can be played, the games have to be really old or come out within the last 2 years.
Perfect Example: Doom I works just fine, however, Brothers in Arms Series seems to not work, if it even installs.

Is Vista the Next Generation Game Killer? or a big stop sign for gamers?
I've read that Direct X 10 only works on Vista computers. Why torture half of the market with such a product? Besides having to annoy gamers and users to use compatablity mode and Admin permissions on all games, why make it so difficult to even play a Third Party Solitare game???

Don't get me wrong, Windows Vista is great, but it seem awfully inconvienient for gamers. Maybe instead of making 15 versions of one product, just make 2 versions. 1 Home use (Gaming, Apps and Media), 2nd for Business (Apps and Media etc..) Besides making millions of even possibly billions for the simple ideas, make life easier and make our computers chewy and fun instead of making them more complicated even to some of the more computer career oriented users.

[Web Designer][Waypointer][Gamer]
CFE Games Administrator
[CFE]Games.com
[Never Trust the Untrusted]