View Single Post
Re: Okay it's Done (to Mal & Ghost)
Old
  (#6)
Maleficus

Default Re: Okay it's Done (to Mal & Ghost) - 21-02-2005

Denny: I'm really sorry man - I hit the edit button instead of the "quote" button by mistake!! :o 8o o_O
I didn't even realize my mistake until after I posted it. Sorry about that!!

================================================== ====

An example for beach: there are two walls to blow. An action for bots that aren't eng's at first, would be to guard engs, and roam around the wall, killing any axis that jump over. When one of the walls blow, an action for patroling the walls is no longer valid. The action for stealing objs is now. Well, I use a funky system that handles one action "dying" and another being used. I don't like it: its overly complex unless you really know how it works and its not user friendly. So, I want to transfer that to an external script system.

Something simple like this:

If (door1 == BLOWN_UP)
AlliedBotGoals = Steal

if (wall1 == BLOWN_UP)
AlliedBotGoals = Steal

Thats a very simple example, but thats something along the lines of what I want to do. Fritz already hooks into the internal game script stuff, so it wouldn't be hard to catch events like an objective being destroyed, or stolen, and then deciding what the next option is for the bots. I still have to plan that part out, and then code it, but thats where I'm at with this ATM.

The time is 4 seconds, IIRC.

Dum Spiro Spero

Last edited by Maleficus; 21-02-2005 at 05:38..