View Single Post
Re: darji2 waypoints
Old
  (#13)
enigma1

Default Re: darji2 waypoints - 25-04-2008

Hi Tom, forgot to mention for the func_fakebrushes set I don't think it's way too efficient. There must be someway of controlling the flags of the brush so it simply becomes transparent. That should be easier/better instead of the origin displacement. Bots still crashed sometimes not too often though. I could place some more alt roams to utilize different routes perhaps.

I have 5 TOIs defined and I know there is a limit to them. Do you know of another mechanism instead of using TOIs with constructs? Something like trigger_multiple perhaps and then alert a specific entity conditionally so the .aiscript gets notified like in transmitter. I see there are commands (like the barrier remove) that target entity numbers directly, is there another command? If there is we could use the accumulators to conditionally alert them.

From the scripts I checked I have seen 3 action types in the .aiscript that receive info from the main .script file. Expload, Expire, Major/Minor construction. Can you tell me is there any other types that can be utilized?

It will also be good to know for the various triggers/events which ones are client and which ones are server side. Because the docs I've seen do not explicitly state that. It is also entity dependent?, like a construct cannot be instructed from the .script file for a destruct (without removing it) but it can be built using the construct command.

Thanks for the help.

CK-Chaos