View Single Post
Re: Navigation using AABB
Old
  (#54)
Neoptolemus

Default Re: Navigation using AABB - 23-07-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Storm View Post
I understand your calculations but it looks very unnatural, you should smooth a bit the movement before getting ready to jump.
Agreed, it needs some work still!

I added a step in the generation of nav data to adjust the size of generated sectors to be more accurate. The voxelisation process has a resolution of 10 units, so it's possible for a sector's min Z point to float up to 9 units above or below the actual floor. In some edge cases this caused the bot to jump up stairs that they could walk up normally because the voxel process reckoned they were 20 units high, and the GoldSrc step height is 18 units. This was solved with a second pass using simple traces up and down to "feel" for the floor and ceiling.

Weirdly, this now causes a crash on cs_italy during the building of jump connections, even though I confirmed that the code didn't do anything weird like create upside-down sectors (where the min Z is higher than the max Z). Literally all it does is slightly adjust the min and max Z positions of each sector.

Gotta fix that now. I also still have crashes when opening certain Natural Selection maps. Again, no idea why this crashes, but will need to look into it.