View Single Post
Joining a team in CS 1.6
Old
  (#1)
Neoptolemus

Default Joining a team in CS 1.6 - 04-06-2015

Hi everyone,

I downloaded the latest HPB Bot source (version 4.0) as I want to try implementing my own variation of the detour and recast libraries.

Having successfully compiled the dll however, and setting up metamod, I cannot get the bots to join a team, they just sit in spectator mode.

Looking at the source and doing some debugging, they correctly interpret the team select VGUI message and issue the command "menuselect <team>", but this appears not to work as they never receive the next VGUI message to choose a T or CT model.

Menuselect doesn't work for me either if I enter it at the console, so I can only surmise that the system has changed in the current version of CS 1.6 (steam version).

What is weird though is that I downloaded the EPODbot 5.3 source and tried it, and the bots join the teams just fine. In the source they're still issuing the "menuselect" command, but somehow it works for them. The FakeClientCommand function has changed in EPODbot but it looks like it's a change to the way the command is parsed to allow for scripting, rather than a fundamental change to the way its issued.

Anyone able to enlighten me as to why the HPB bot cannot join but EPODbot can? By the way, I disabled the MOTD as I noticed HPB bot cannot handle it by default, so they're not stuck on it (I've also confirmed that they do get to the team select menu).

Thanks in advance!