View Single Post
Re: Rules for bots joining BU?
Old
  (#11)
>BKA< T Wrecks
Moderator [PBmm/Waypointing]& PODBot mm waypointer

Default Re: Rules for bots joining BU? - 29-06-2004

Ok, but I think it would be nice to guide IvPBot and [E]PODBot users to other bots in some way instead of leaving them out in the cold. Maybe delete the forums and fill in one thread with a short statement about why the bot was kicked and stuff (basically what PMB said), and possibly a redirect to a different bot? This could be limited to a week or something so that ppl hava a fair chance to learn what's happened, and then the forums could be deleted altogether. Or maybe just a sticky thread in the Agora? But I think this will be less likely to be noticed...

PMB, your points against the trial period make sense... but why connect the trial period with hosting on BU? It could be a kind of "observation period", during which BU members (especially Council members) are invited to monitor the progress of a certain bot, and if they find out that during this observation period the coder has shown good cooperation, serious coding skills and everything else it takes, invite him to join BU and get hosted here? Just a thought...

Roses are #FF0000, violets are #0000FF // all my base, are belong to you.