View Single Post
Re: breakout_et_b2 navigation
Old
  (#17)
TomTom
ET Waypointing team member

Default Re: breakout_et_b2 navigation - 20-04-2008

Just started looking at the waypoints. 2 comments; The rabbit hopping back behavior at the hole above the teleport is a behavior that we waypoint around. It happens at edges when there is a steep jump down. So to avoid it we commit the bot (when necessary) to walk out straight (like in the cartoons ) into a node in midair and let them fall down to their next node.

2nd point, now that your waypoints are proceeding well you should give some thought to preventing the fast win by a human. I can always win if I take axis engineer (and why myself I prefer playing breakout_et_b1 to b2).
The problem will likely be that you need to focus a class/type of bot to defend the radio and discourage them from leaving their posts. The other thing is that you may need to focus the engineer bots on disarming the dynamite. The latter will take some experimentation because FritzBot does not provide us waypointers with as fine a control on bot priorities as we would like. One thing you can try is faking the gun dynamite plant as a construct dyno plant (32) with a prone setting. Since the dyno exploding ends the game it should not matter which dyno action is used. If that does not work you can possibly script the dynamite planted event like I did in caha tavern to improve bot focus.

BTW playing the other side as allied engr is great, very tuff. Nice

Last edited by TomTom; 21-04-2008 at 08:11.. Reason: other side