View Single Post
Re: darji2 waypoints
Old
  (#15)
enigma1

Default Re: darji2 waypoints - 27-04-2008

I did another update of the waypoints for this map. Can be downloaded from the original link.

Basically I added 1 fake defensive action to shift the focus of the defending team for few seconds towards their flag. I also added some alternative routes so the steal return path cannot easily predicted. Bots are more challenging now both for the offense and defense. Still roams instead of steal actions are used. I added few support actions when flags are picked up.

I also changed the elevator timings to be more effective I added a delay before the elevator ascends to utilize the space so more bots can catch up. I added a couple more brushes near the stairs where the bots will get stuck sometimes.

Few things I noticed.

1. Flag carriers do respond to enemy fire (not initially but afterwards) till they reach a delivery point. Once they reach (or they're towards the last nodes) they do not respond. So a fake delivery point could be worse. Also if I deploy a defense around, it may be problematic because both teams could just hold the flags without much going on. And then roams for the opponents have to be deployed it over-complicates things.

2. Specifying classes for the mg42 camps seems to have a strange effect. If the wrong class attempts to mount the mg42 it gets killed? I thought that was a guide for the bots but seems to be affecting real players too.

3. When the flag drops bot may not follow the waypoints to pick it up, instead they may use a direct path to the flag. It is understandable if that fails they should switch to the waypoints.

4. I see cases (when the actions switch) the bots may start jumping around to reach a different node or something. It is strange but I've seen it happening in between the 2 elevators near the flags. The nodes are ok no duplicates or anything out of the ordinary.

Anyways let me know if you see any problems.

CK-Chaos