View Single Post
Re: Congrats!! ...and a few ideas/request
Old
  (#3)
BuMHeD

Default Re: Congrats!! ...and a few ideas/request - 02-12-2004

Well, I did do alot of searching, but I never came up with those threads, so thank you for showing those to me. That notwithstanding, I have tried both of those solutions with no luck... bot_protection has always been on with our server, and I have alot of plugins, but none that send any 'glowy text.' The only thing mentioned in those threads that I haven't experimented with is the urldownload feature. I have not tried exchanging it for trickle download... but I wouldnt want to either. Our server is meant to be a fast-download server, and I know a few HPB bot servers with 99% uptime that use the urldownload feature... so it can't be that. I have tried starting from scratch, but I have not tried it without bubblemod. Since we run a popular dedicated server, I can't really remove bubblemod and give it a 24 hour duration test like I would prefer. This would kill our traffic and raise the eyebrows of my associates, which wouldn't be good. I don't mean to loop all your suggestions back at you... I just have a not-so-ideal testing situation. That is why I was hoping that bringing these up to the designer of this bot could possible prevent them before they became prevalent. *shrug*. I'll see if I can get my hands on a test machine and run a dedicated copy of our server w/o bubblemod and step down the plugins.