Re: Something about msecval
Old
  (#16)
botmeister
Ex-Council Member

Default Re: Something about msecval - 15-01-2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre-Marie Baty
in your array of bots, have a variable for each bot to store its current max speed. When pfnSetClientMaxspeed() is called upon a bot entity, send fNewMaxspeed to this variable. And when pfnRunPlayerMove() happens for the same bot, use this variable as the move_speed and strafe_speed parameter (if you want to make the bot run or strafe full speed, else divide it by two.)
Ok, from what I understand, pfnSetClientMaxspeed() is used to set the speed of a bot. What I'd need it for is to get the speed of a bot, since I do not know what the bots speed should be. So, are you saying that I hook onto the function, and whenever it gets called I grab whatever was passed to the function as the bots new speed?

Anyhow, what I'm doing is simply passing on everything I get from the pfnRunPlayerMove() hook which was called by the actual bot mod, so I don't understand why on some servers the bots run around real fast. I'll have another look at my code, perhaps there's a problem with passing on the same speeds all the time.

Maker of the (mEAn) Bot.Admin Manager

"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is." - Jan L.A. van de Snepscheut