View Single Post
A Server with Bots
Old
  (#1)
Broadus

Default A Server with Bots - 18-08-2005

I'm sure someone has already asked this, (NO I'M NOT, I LIE!) but is there someone out there who can run a working dedicated server with bots on it? The bots are fun but it'd be even better if someone ran a server that players could play on but bots were already playing on.
I've only played with six people at a time tops and, although it can be pretty fun, it gets a little boring or empty after awhile. I can't run a dedicated server and enjoy it at the same time because I use a router to connect to the internet and, if I managed to get one computer to run the server (I'd have to set up ports and all that), I wouldn't be able to play on it with another computer.

EDIT:
I actually saw a server a few minutes ago that, to my UTTER AND PURE JOY had both bots and players (not many) on it. However, I don't think it was a dedicated server because the amount of bots switched around (implying that someone was there to control the amount of bots) and it lagged horribly.
At least the lag in Half-Life just makes responses late instead of throwing people around and crap like the lag in some games.
Since it probably wasn't a dedicated server, I don't think it will be there tomorrow... Shame.

Last edited by Broadus; 18-08-2005 at 08:49..