Re: A few questions - Access / PODBots / Maps
Old
  (#2)
botmeister
Ex-Council Member

Default Re: A few questions - Access / PODBots / Maps - 03-04-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by txc
1) Every time I connect, I get granted public access, not serverop. Ieven tried to do it just by nick and it doesn't seem to work.

this is what I have in the users.cfg:

; Place your authentication information below:
;
; SteamIDUsername Password Access
; ======= ============================= ======== ======
"10551250" "" "" "o1c"
"" "txc" "o1c"

am I missing something? is this file supposed to go somewhere else? i have it in both mean and the cstrike folders.
In the first line, the steam id is wrong since it's in the old WON format Should be something like this: steam_id:0:0:123456

The second line is missing the password:
"" "txc" "your password" "o1c"

If the password is empty it should be "" like this:
"" "txc" "" "o1c"

The users.cfg file should be located under the mEAn folder and no where else.

Quote:
2) Is there any way to prevent PODBots from using the radio? since youcontrol them otherwise. I see this is a popular request on the PODBotforum but the developers seem reluctant (they've also been promising abeta which will fix other problems I've been experiencing for monthsnow).
I can't easily stop POD from using the radio. My understanding is that someone created a metamod plugin to stop the bots from using radio, but that's all I know.

Quote:
3) Sometimes (maybe most of the time, but not all the time), when auser says nextmap, both HL and mEAn answer and the answers don't agree.Why don't they? and which one is right?
There maps cycles can get out of sync for a number of reasons. The correct answer is whichever map loads up as stated. If mEAn is wrong, you can disable the map change notification commands.

m_setcommand < command > [ enabled | disabled | access_code ]

Enables/Disables < command > which can be any valid (mEAn) command.
Access to the command may be changed by specifing an access_code
of ServerOp, Admin1, Admin2, Clan, Guest or Public

Examples:
m_setcommand m_nextmap disabled
m_setcommand nextmap disabled

If you want to fix the problem, right after you first run the HLDS server, check the map list as mEAn sees it using:

m_maplist

If the list does not match what it should be, there's a problem with loading the missing maps. Unfortunately, I did not add the ability to turn off the nextmap message completely.

Maker of the (mEAn) Bot.Admin Manager

"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is." - Jan L.A. van de Snepscheut