View Single Post
Re: Some more questions
Old
  (#3)
the bindlestiff

Default Re: Some more questions - 25-11-2005

#1: I noticed it happens when a medic-bot kills you and then does a revive, but also at other times. In the heat of the moment, I failed to see who shot me. So that's understandable. Thanks for the explanation.

#2: sv_pure = 0 on the shortcut startup command line. The error occurs with your bots and hasn't yet done so with my custom bots. I don't have a screenshot but I do have the console logs of good and bad instances. I'll attach them both for your perusal. The "CAN'T LOAD BOT" error occurs at line 257 in the "GOOD" log for twat.bot. I've also seen it on other maps for ironeagle.bot and shrike.bot.

#3: I have the following memory allocations set in my server.cfg:
seta com_soundMegs "64"
seta com_zoneMegs "64"
seta com_hunkMegs "128"
Should be plenty. . .

I reiterate, this randomly occurs whether I start a map from the Menu, the console, or from a line in my server.cfg. It even has happened when a series of maps has been running properly, a map change is made, and then the bots fail to load for the remainder of the session.

Early on in this problem, I tried adding the exec command to my map rotation cfg, but it also failed at times to work. But I'm not sure if I had the correct paths at the time. And this method is of no use when selecting a map from the Main Menu or the console.

I can always exec the bot file from the console, provided I type it correctly. But when we reach the point where we have our private dedicated server running, that's not a feasible option.

In the attached GOOD console log, the "EXECING CONFIGS/MP_NORWAY_BOTS" action occurs at line 249. And the "EXECING CONFIGS/MP_NORWAY.CFG" action occurs at line 293.

In the "BAD" log, everything is identical to the GOOD log until line 249 where execing of the bot.cfg file does not occur. It's completely missing. Line 275 is where the map cfg file is executed. You'll see a few lines further down that I attempted to load the bots but used the wrong filename. So I quit and restarted the map all over again. And again the bot file didn't get executed. Notice that there is a double occurance of execing the map.cfg file at lines 558 and 559. This time I manually loaded some of my custom bots. And we played on -- whenever I changed maps for the remainder of the session, I had to exec the bot.cfg from the console.

Hope this info will help you diagnose the cause of this problem. Again, THANKS for your time and help!

Last edited by the bindlestiff; 03-01-2006 at 00:20..